Huawei in not only launching P and Mate series but it also working on Honor series, supposed to be high-performance smartphones at affordable prices. It is the same with Honor 8X, which is aiming for the best price-performance ratio, with a recommended price of RON 1,299 for the 4GB memory and 64 GB storage and RON 1,499 for 4X128GB model.
Honor is one of the top brands of smartphones in the Huawei portfolio. The brand is positioned under the slogan “For the Brave” and wants to meet the toughest needs of technology with online availability products that offer a superior user experience. The brand seeks to position itself among the largest brands and to cover large, densely populated regions including: the United States, Europe, Russia, Africa, Turkey, India, Indonesia and many others – as the main areas for development. The business model the Honor brand relies on its Internet center to become one of the top 5 players in the global smartphone market over the next 3 years, aiming to increase the proportion of sales in foreign markets by 50 percent by 2020.
Screen and design
A 6.5-inch screen and 91 percent screen / body ratio are the main characteristics of the display. The screen is an essential part of the phone on which depends on the user’s entire experience, and Honor focuses on overcoming the limits imposed in this regard.
While the front look like a normal ‘top notch’ phone, the design on the back of the phone is made using the concept “less but better”, an approach of the German industrial designer Dieter Rams, who has generated a timeless quality of his products and has managed to influence many others.
Honor adopts the same minimalist philosophy and a scientific approach to the Honor 8X design that combines advanced technologies into aesthetic design to achieve the perfect balance between functionality and beauty. It gives simplicity to the most complicated technologies.
- 91 percent screen / body ratio offers a large screen in a thin body: while everyone wants a big screen, nobody wants to have a massive phone. A smartphone must be as handy as possible, and the screen / body ratio is the key to achieving this goal. Honor uses advanced chip-on-film (COF) technology and a patented Antenna Design to shrink the bottom edge width to 4.25 mm and achieve the screen ratio. The 91 percent body ratio surpasses even the most expensive flagship brands on the market, including iPhone X (87.36 percent) and Samsung S9 (86, 56 percent).
- Large 6.5-inch display that delivers excellent clarity: The Honor 8X is equipped with a 6.5-inch Notch Full-View 2.0 display, 19.5: 9, and a 5.5-inch body. The screen is longer than the previous generation and is closer to the 21: 9 ratio used by cinemas. Also, the screen has a high resolution of 2340×1080 (397 PPI) and is packed with a wide range of 85 percent color, allowing users to enjoy impressive images on an elegant and compact smartphone. The phone can be held in your hand easily thanks to its slim body of only 7.8 mm.
- Design based on a minimalist concept and aesthetic appeal: Honor 8X adopts a minimalist design with emphasis on aesthetics and details. The new smartphone comes with a metal frame and has a 2.5D double-sided glass body and a “grating” effect, offering a stylish look and a smooth touch surface. The design with a parallel gradient is built of 15 layers and generates different reflections depending on the angles from which it is viewed. The user can express their style and personality by choosing the color that fits them best between blue, black and red.
The progress achieved by Honor 8X in screen and design has exceeded the expectations of consumers. A new, borderless screen generation, Full-view 2.0, gives users an impressive viewing experience. The smartphone allows people to explore the world beyond boundaries, from games, movie viewing to everyday activity. An important aspect is that these flagship features are now available to all users thanks to Honor 8X, which eliminates the difference between top smartphones and mid-range smartphones.
Today, users want to be able to take good pictures with smartphone cameras under all circumstances, whether the camera is in the sunlight, whether the objects are on the move or the night. They are hoping for professional quality photos for Instagram, whether they have a photo or not. For this reason, Honor introduces the AI (Artificial Intelligence) camera to the Honor 8X smartphone.
- Honor 8X features a 20 megapixel high-definition dual camera and 2 megapixel camera headphones on the back of the phone and a 16 megapixel front camera. While the number of megapixels is still an important aspect many people are looking for when choosing a mobile phone camera, the industry no longer feels the idea of having many megapixels as the best solution for getting the best quality photos.
- Honor 8X is one step ahead, surpassing competitors who want to take as many megapixels as possible. The AI’s Honor 8X camera can recognize over 500 scenarios in 22 categories and can optimize settings and enhance photo quality, depending on what the user wants to capture, capturing stunning photos, no matter what. This is a very exciting development, as one of the most advanced features a camera can have is finally available to ordinary consumers.
- Super slow-motion: Honor 8X’s super slow-motion speed capability can record 16x slow motion video clips (480fps). There are both automatic and manual modes to choose one of the best results. Significant moments can happen in a single moment. With super slow-motion speed, a user can capture every detail of them.
- AR Effect: With the Augmented Reality effect (AR), the camera can take interesting group shots by creating an AR mask and background changes.
A great screen and a great room in a slim and stylish body are what consumers are looking for in today’s smartphones. However, consumers expect these features not to be compromised, and their smartphone to meet not only performance requirements but also design requirements.
Larger screens can consume more power, but consumers are not willing to accept that a new smartphone may have shorter battery life than previous generations. Although the phone’s battery is not visible, it should not be overlooked. We all know that feeling of anxiety that occurs as we see that the battery drops from “100 percent” to slightly “0 percent.” A phone that offers a more durable battery is a phone that not only allows a user to use it for a longer period, but it is a phone that offers peace of mind from this point of view.
Starting with battery life, excellent processing power, adaptive graphics performance, large phone memory and easy to use and functional interface – consumers do not want to sacrifice any of these qualities. With advanced chipsets and a design that delivers greater efficiency, the Honor 8X delivers remarkable overall performance that meets and exceeds consumer expectations. At an extremely affordable price, Honor 8X is simply the new smartphone that cannot be matched.
- Excellent processing power: The Honor 8X is the first Honor smartphone to offer powerful Octa-core Kirin 710 chipsets. The processor CPU performance is improved by 75 percent compared to the previous generation. The chipsets are manufactured using 12nm advanced processing technology, with Cortex-A73 core of 4 x 2.2 GHz and Cortex-A53 of 4 x 1.7 GHz. Not only are the chipsets faster and less prone to problems, they even allow users to enjoy watching movies in HD mode, editing videos wherever they are, and processing images much faster.
- Extreme Graphics Acceleration: Chipsets are enhanced thanks to revolutionary GPU Turbo technology – an innovative hardware and software integration technology and accelerated graphics processing that enhances the mobile gaming experience. Thanks to the new chipsets, the GPU’s overall performance is increased by 130 percent over the previous generation to meet the needs of the most demanding gamers.
- Uncompromised battery life: Honor 8X is enhanced to provide a fantastic viewing experience with a 6.5-inch screen and extreme performance that does not compromise battery life. Thanks to the newly designed chipsets, SoC power consumption has been reduced by 30%, even if its performance is much higher. Honor 8X is further enhanced by having a larger battery of 3750 mAh. Overall, the Honor 8X battery can last longer than the batteries in the previous generation, even if the smartphone is equipped with a larger screen and has an increased processing power to meet the needs of its users.
- Great memory and useful features: Honor 8X is available at an extremely affordable price, although it does not give up functionality, no matter what feature it is. Honor 8X has 4GB + 128GB of memory, has close-field communication (NFC) for fast mobile phone payment, dual Bluetooth and smart connection, and Histen 5.0 audio technology with party mode 2.0. All the flagship features of the smartphone, anticipated by ordinary users, are now integrated into a sleek, sleek package that’s right for them.
The post Huawei Honor 8X, up to RON 1,499 for a 128GB storage and high-end performance appeared first on Business Review.