The General Prosecutor’s Office has announced the taking over of the file on the August 10th violence in Victoriei Square from the Military Prosecutor’s Office fin order to have an unitary investigation of the events after criminal complaints were filed against the minister of internal affairs, Carmen Dan, the Prefect of Bucharest, Speranta Cliseru, the leadership of the Romanian Gendarmerie and the General Gendarmerie Directorate of the Municipality of Bucharest.

On August 11, 2018, the prosecution in question was commenced in respect of offenses of abusive behavior, abuse of service and negligence in the service, according to the Prosecutor’s Office press release.

“We mention that the file taken from the Military Prosecutor’s Office attached to the Bucharest Military Tribunal was constituted as a result of the ex officio notification of the military prosecutor of the Military Prosecutor’s Office attached to the Military Tribunal of Bucharest, who found out from the public space images the suspicion of the possible committing of criminal acts by the military cadres,” says the Prosecutor’s Office.

There have been 126 convictions in this file so far and 74 have been heard.

“We would like to mention that between 15 and 17 August 2018 in the criminal file at the level of the Military Prosecutor’s Office – PICCJ, criminal investigations will be carried out, including the receipt of complaints or denunciations. The activity will take place at the Military Prosecutor’s Office near Bucharest Military Tribunal, George Georgescu street no. 3, sector 4, Bucharest,” says the General Prosecutor’s Office.

The post The General Prosecutor’s Office has taken over the investigation on August 10 violent Diaspora protest appeared first on Business Review.